Welcome to superflat world. I’m Jasper Byrne, and I make games, audio and visuals.
This is primarily a game development blog for superflat games, although I’ll also be posting about other interesting things in the world of games, music and life in general.
Who I am?
- I like fried food, especially fish.
- I like making stuff.
- That’s my daughter, Aila, in the picture.
- It was probably Jet Set Willy and Lords of Midnight that got me into games.
- I’ve lived in Vietnam, Japan, America, and England. I now reside in Cambridge, UK.
- For the last ten years I’ve been a drum’n'bass producer / DJ under the aliases Sonic, Sonic & Silver & The Accidental Heroes. Myspace page. I’ve been lucky enough to sell records and tour the world.
- Nowadays I’m mostly a game designer, but I still write music.
- I think games are the highest level of art being explored at the moment, but are still in their infancy. I feel like we’re on the cusp of something incredible, like the first tentative steps of silent movies into talkies.
* * *
I began writing games on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum at the age of eight (1984, so you can work out my age…) and it’s been a life-long hobby of mine. I worker with Frontier Developments for close to three years working on Xbox games such as Kinectimals and Kinect Disneyland Adventures.
I’ve just release Soul Brother on [adult swim] games, and there’s more games on the front page of the site. Enjoy them!
For now, take care,