Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut is out on PC & Mac today!
i’ve decided to release The Director’s Cut of Lone Survivor slightly earlier than planned so that the fans who own the Mac and PC versions can play The Director’s Cut together with the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita fans on Halloween.
despite taking ten months (and at times being a challenging project), i am really happy to give away The Director’s Cut as a 100% FREE update to anyone who has previously purchased the game on Mac or PC previously, in any form, including the Humble Bundle. it’s my way of saying thankyou for enabling me to make games long into the future by supporting the original release.
it really is a huge update, with a great deal of new content, new areas, complete remastering of visuals and lighting, new music, a new enemy, two new endings etc. i very much look forward to hearing your thoughts about the new edition, and interpretations of the new content… especially the secret endings!
also, the Mac and PC versions of the game will now include access to both the Original and the Director’s Cut versions of the game. you can continue your game from The Original Cut in the new version (*see IMPORTANT NOTE at the bottom of this post.)
anyway, to all the players who have supported the game and myself over this last year and a half, to the journalists whose kind words have helped the game reach new people, to the hardworking folk behind the scenes at Valve, Curve and Sony, to the many testers and supporters and of course to my family who’ve supported me all the way, i’d like to say what may be a final thankyou for your help with this game.
it’s been very long journey to reach this point, but i guess i could almost say i’m proud of the final result, and look forward to what the future may hold!
anyway i hope you enjoy the game, and…
today Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut is available for:
Lone Survivor’s Website (DRM-free)
Good Old Games (DRM-Free)
A Pumpkin (actually can’t buy Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut here)
*IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SAVED GAMES & THE ORIGINAL CUT
Just a quick word of warning regarding moving from one version of the game to another. I wanted to include access to both versions of the game for purists. However, please be aware of the following when playing The Original Cut:
- You can continue your saved game from The Original Cut in The Director’s Cut at any point, without any issues.
- However, loading a saved game from The Director’s Cut will cause you to LOSE ALL NEW NEW GAME+ SIDEQUEST ITEMS.This is because The Original Cut does not include these items, and they will be trimmed from your inventory should you load the game in The Original Cut. All other aspects should work fine, but: BE SURE NOT TO CONTINUE A DIRECTOR’S CUT ‘NEW GAME+’ GAME IN THE ORIGINAL CUT.
- One other point to note is that you will not lose your ending collection should you decide to play through The Original cut, so don’t worry about starting a new playthrough to check it out!
To get hold of The Original Cut:
- On Steam, right-click the game in your library, select ‘Properties’, go to the ‘Betas’ tab, type ‘sleepycat’ into the password field, and select ‘The Original Cut’ from the menu. You can opt-out of this version via the same menu at any time.
- GOG has The Original Cut available as an optional download.
- The version on the official website has the Original Cut game packaged in a folder called ‘TheOriginalCut’.